SoulCalibur 6 Gets Update Before New DLC Character, Full Patch Notes Detailed
In preparation for SoulCalibur 6’s upcoming guest DLC character, Bandai Namco has released a new update on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One for the long-running fighting game. We’ve compiled the full patch notes below.
The headlining feature of the update is Haohmaru, the white gi-clad samurai from SNK’s Samurai Shodown. The patch adds him as a playable character, though he can only be acquired by purchasing him individually for $6 or picking up the game’s $34 Season Pass 2. Haohmaru will become available on Tuesday, March 31.
The patch also adds new creation items for the game’s character creator, including new weapons for Cervantes and Taki-based created fighters, extra clothing and accessory options, and more.
Elsewhere in the update, SoulCalibur 6 gets a brand-new stage, multiple battle and game system adjustments, additional quality-of-life functions, and more.
In other SoulCalibur 6 news, the game is scheduled to be played at this year’s Evolution Championship Series tournament alongside other fighters like Dragon Ball FighterZ, Street Fighter V: Champion Edition, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Tekken 7, and more. Despite growing coronavirus (COVID-19) concerns and social distancing mandates, Evo 2020 is still slated to happen at the Mandalay Bay from July 31-August 2.
Full SoulCalibur VI Patch Notes
Compatibility Support of Paid DLC 9
- DLC Pack 9 adds Haohmaru as a playable character.
- Haohmaru will be available on 3/31.
- Haohmaru is included in Season Pass 2. Please be careful not to purchase the same content more than once.
Compatibility Support of Paid DLC 10
- DLC Pack 10 adds Character Creation Set D.
- Character Creation Set D will be available on 3/31.
- Character Creation Set D is included in Season Pass 2. Please be careful not to purchase the same content more than once.
Additional Creation Items
The following weapons and equipment will be added and available to all players.
- Official’s Flags (Short); only available for Taki and Taki’s fighting style
- Official’s Flags (Long); only available for Cervantes and Cervantes’s fighting style
- Kuroko’s Hood
- Kuroko’s Flags
- Long Boots (Single Leg)
- Long Boots
The following stage will be added and available to all players.
- Master Swordsman’s Cave: Wicked Depths
- Players can now use special inputs when entering Soul Charge to destroy equipment on original characters.
- (See Battle System for more information on this mechanic).
- Improvements have been made to the battle screen display.
- Special displays have been added to the battle screen for character-specific actions.
- Missions for Soul Attacks and Resist Impact have been added to Battle Tutorials in Libra of Soul.
- They can be found in Drona’s Dojo in Libra of Soul.
- Performance fixes and balance adjustments have been made for certain actions in battle.
- The “Fighting Style Handbook” in the Museum has been updated to reflect various balance adjustments.
- You can view more information here.
- Settings for the damage information display in Libra of Soul will now be remembered.
- Ranked Match searches have been better optimized.
- Sound effects have been added to the notification before ranked matches that may cause your rank to go up/down.
- You can now set a room name for Casual Match.
- You can now move the cursor at a higher speed in Character Creation mode by holding the button.
- You can now keep/cancel a character’s soul charged state under Position Reset Settings in Training mode.
- Improvements have been made to the downed state under Action Settings 2 in Training mode.
- Settings that have been saved in Training mode will now be remembered.
- A “random” feature has been added to Stage Music Settings in the Options menu.
- Additional Functions for Steam.
- Nvidia Ansel can now be opened even when the game is paused.
- Some text errors have been fixed.
- Stability has been improved for certain actions, etc.
Game System Adjustments
Source: Read Full Article