All The Big News From The Game Awards 2020
Even though it couldn’t be held with an audience present, The Game Awards was still a spectacle this year. With celebrity appearances, new game reveals, and (of course) awards, viewers had a lot to take in over the event’s three-hour runtime. But for those who didn’t watch the live broadcast online – or don’t have several hours to devote to catching up – we’ve compiled the biggest stories of the night into this single, handy list.
But if you’re more interested in the awards than the gaming news, then you should check out our full rundown of the winners!
- Sephiroth is coming to Smash!
- Sea of Solitude is coming to Nintendo Switch
- Devolver announced a retro game called Loop Hero
- Tchia was revealed, and it is a tropical exploration game
- The puzzle/adventure Shady Part of Me is … available now!
- Square Enix showed off the gameplay in Nier Replicant
- Hood: Outlaws & Legends releases May 10 for PS5, Xbox Series X/S, and PC
- Turtle Rock is back in the zombie game with Back 4 Blood
- Perfect Dark is coming back (!?) with developer The Initiative at the helm
- Glen Schofield (one of the minds behind Dead Space) is making a new horror game called The Callisto Protocol
- We got a brand new look at the next Dragon Age game
- Fullbright (Gone Home, Tacoma) is making a new game called Open Roads
- You can drive that cool Cyberpunk 2077 car in Forza Horizon 4
- Disco Elysium’s console version is coming in Summer 2021 (with more stuff!)
- If you want to play Scavengers, the beta is available now
- Warframe is getting some Unreal Tournament weapons
- Crimson Desert was revealed, and it looks like an ambitious fantasy RPG
- Evil Dead: The Game launches in 2021
- We saw gameplay from Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War’s Season One content
- An atmospheric adventure game called Season is coming to PS5
- Not only was Ark II announced, but the game stars Vin Diesel.
- Super Meat Boy Forever is releasing this month
- Fall Guys’ winter content looks pretty cute
- Josef Fares gave us our first look at gameplay from It Takes Two
- F.I.S.T. stands for “Forged In Shadow Torch”
- Housemarque’s Returnal his PS5 on March 19
- Evil West made its debut. It’s got vampire-hunting cowboys
- Capcom released a new trailer for Monster Hunter Rise, with a demo in January
- Among Us is getting a new airship map (and a Geoff Keighley mask?)
- Bandai Namco showed off a new trailer for Scarlet Nexus
- Elite Dangerous: Odyssey got new on-foot gameplay footage
- Sega’s turn-based Humankind releases in April
- Outriders’ new trailer focuses on survival
- Ghosts ‘N Goblins Resurrection was announced
- The Elder Scrolls Online is going to Oblivion
- The League of Legends spin-off, Ruined King, had its gameplay debut
- Yep, Master Chief is coming to Fortnite. And so is Blood Gulch!
- We got a tantalizing glimpse of the next Mass Effect. It was a big surprise!
That’s a big list – and it isn’t every single announcement and trailer. You can see how good we are at seeing the future by checking out our 2020 predictions for The Game Awards and comparing them to the final results! How did the show stack up to your expectations this year? Let us know in the comments below!
Source: Read Full Article