Flashpoint Global Qualifier: All you need to know – Daily Esports
The new Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CSGO) league, Flashpoint, enters the final qualifying stage later today. Flashpoint, sponsored by FACEIT and B Site Inc., is a competitive CSGO league designed as direct competition to ESEA. The inaugural season will host 12 teams including two qualifying teams and 10 invited founder squads. The global qualifier, running March 3-5, has eight teams facing off for $64,000 in prize money and the last two spots in the league.
Here is all the need-to-know information regarding this week’s tournaments, including group stages, scheduling, where to watch and more.
Video Player is loading.Current Time 0:00/Duration 0:00Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVERemaining Time -0:00
- descriptions off, selected
- captions and subtitles off, selected
- AVEZ (Poland)
- BIG (Germany)
- DETONA (Brazil)
- Orgless (Canada)
- Chaos EC (North America)
- Copenhagen Flames (Denmark)
- Redemption POA (Brazil)
- HAVU (Finland)
- 12:00 EST: BIG Vs. DETONA | BO1
- 1:30 EST: AVEZ Vs. Orgless | BO1
- 15:00 EST: Copenhagen Flames Vs. Redemption POA | BO1
- 16:30 EST: HAVU Vs. Chaos | BO1
- 18:00 EST: Group A winners’ match | BO3
- 21:00 EST: Group B winner’s match | BO3
- 12:00 EST: Group A elimination match | BO3
- 15:00 EST: Group B elimination match | BO3
- 18:00 EST: Group A decider match | BO3
- 21:00 EST: Group B decider match | BO3
- 12:00 EST: Semi-final #1 |BO3
- 15:00 EST: Semi-final #2 | BO3
- 1-2. $16,000 + 1 spot in Flashpoint Season 1
- 1-2. $16,000 +1 spot in Flashpoint Season 1
- 3-4. $8,000
- 5-6. $5,000
- 7-8. $3,000
This is a modal window.
Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.
End of dialog window.
After a grueling open and closed qualifier, the best teams have flown to Los Angeles, CA this week to compete in the Flashpoint Global Qualifier. The tournament features two double-elimination groups, each group having four teams. After the first series of matches, a best-of-three format will be instated. The top two teams from each group move on to a single-elimination, best-of-three semi-finals. The semi-final victors lock down their spot in the league. Here are the groups:
Flashpoint schedule and where to watch
The complete schedule for Flashpoint Global Qualifier March 3-5 is listed below. Want to tune in? Be sure to follow their official Twitch channel, FlashpointCS.
Tuesday, March 3:
Wednesday, March 4:
Thursday, March 5:
The prize pool, awards, and distribution
The tournament’s $64,000 prize pool will be distributed as follows:
The top two teams will join the competing franchise teams including Cloud9, MIBR, Gen.G, MAD Lions, Dignitas, and c0ntact.
Follow Flashpoint on their Twitter and stay tuned to Daily Esports for tournament news.
Source: Read Full Article